When it comes to deciding the materials handling equipment you need for your business, there are many options available. Counterbalanced forklifts and reach trucks are just a couple of the options available.
But what is the difference between these two machines? And which one is best suited to your requirements? This blog will explore the core differences between a counterbalanced forklift and a reach truck, explaining the optimal use cases for each.
What is a Counterbalance Truck?
Counterbalance forklift trucks are a type of truck predominantly used for moving and stacking materials.
These types of trucks are specifically designed to carry heavier loads by providing counterbalance weight to offset the weight of the load, allowing quicker lifting and moving.
Find out more about our range of counterbalance forklift trucks here.
What is a Reach Truck?
A reach truck is a warehouse solution designed to increase productivity and efficiency in warehouse operations. It is an essential tool for businesses that need to maximise the use of storage space by allowing operators to reach higher shelves while handling loads.
The adjustable forks on a reach truck enable operators to move and stack products more effectively and efficiently.
Discover our reach truck range here.
The benefits of Counterbalanced Forklifts.
Counterbalanced forklifts carry relatively large loads faster than reach trucks, making them ideal for loading or unloading stock from trailers.They also offer other benefits. These include:
- A range of fuel types available: Discover what these are and how they can benefit your business by downloading the guide.
- Improved safety: Counterbalanced forklifts provide a high level of safety.The Toyota range of counterbalanced trucks are fitted as standard with the unique SAS (System of Active Stability). This system includes a range of features that ensure the truck feels stable and controlled during operation, as well as protecting the operator and load at all times.
- More flexibility and high levels of adaptability:Counterbalanced forklifts provide a high degree of flexibility when handling items or goods. This makes them ideal for transporting large pallets or stacking containers quickly and efficiently. Attachments can also be fitted to these trucks to support your workforce in a range of applications and aid productivity.
The benefits of Reach Trucks.
Reach trucks are effective for managing higher loads in tighter spaces. They can also be used for stacking pallets on both sides of an aisle, saving space in the warehouse. The other advantages include:
- Improved accuracy and reliability: The accuracy and reliability provided by reach trucks ensure efficient delivery times and reduce losses due to inventory errors or damaged products.
- Easy to operate: Reach Trucks are easy to use thanks to ergonomic controls allowing smooth movements in tight spaces. They come equipped with adjustable seats and steering wheels for added comfort when operating the machine and adjustable lift-arm heights that make reaching high shelves or objects in challenging places easier.
- Cost savings: Reach trucks are much more cost-effective than conventional forklifts because they do not require additional fuel or repairs as often. Additionally, their agility makes them easier to use in tight spaces, reducing labour costs and saving money in the long run.
- Improved flexibility across teams: Reach trucks can handle various tasks, including transporting goods up or down levels and stacking them in high-density warehouses. They provide a level of flexibility that makes them ideal for businesses that need to move items quickly.
Investing in a fleet of trucks is a big decision. With different types of equipment available, you want to be sure that you choose a solution that meets your needs.
At Toyota, we offer a range of solutions built for indoor and outdoor operations. Are you ready to start exploring your options? Get started below.